2.11.2011

Valentine's Day Dinner

This morning I woke up with a burning question.

Would it be a slap in love's face, if I don't make my usual nothin' says lovin' like a big hunk of meat and potatoes dinner:

Filet Mignon with Port Wine Demi-Glace and Bleu Cheese Butter
Creamy Cream-Cheese Smashed Potatoes
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Seasoned Asparagus

Because here is the deal. This year I really want to make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

They can be special. They can be made with fancy cheese. They can still be made with a side of grilled mushrooms (my husband's favorite!).

To complete the meal, I'm thinking a side of French Onion Soup or Homemade Tomato Soup.




Photo credit: Yum Sugar


This and this and this cheese sandwich all sound delicious!!

Creamy smooth melt-in-your mouth hot flavorful cheese can exude romance, especially if you throw in a little asparagus, which affects the pheromones. If you really want to pump up the aphrodisiac properties, add some oysters.

Just for fun, here are a couple of tips when making grilled cheese:
Grate the cheese instead of slice it. Cheese melts faster decreasing the chance of burning the bread.
Use softened, salted butter... browns more evenly and flavors the outside of the bread.
Cover the sandwich when cooking the first side to help melt the cheese sufficiently

What are your favorite ways to make gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches?
What are you making for Valentine's Day Dinner?

Do you think I'm crazy?

Keep swimming and happy planning for your special Valentine.
 Ms Fish (who may attempt to make a grilled cheese sandwich that will knock my husband's socks pants off.....unless he's too busy sulking from not getting steak!)

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hmmm....grilled cheese sandwiches for Valentine's Day? I think that's a first. I don't think my husband would go for that.

Aimee said...

Those pictures look sooo yummy. I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow. I'm making Halibut Fish Tacos. They are my boyfriend's absolute favorite food.

Bonnie said...

That sounds great. But only if you use fancy cheese. I'm sure your husband will LOVE whatever you make him. You are a great cook and he will know you made it with love :)

I'm making Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes, Broiled Brussel Sprouts, and Red Velvet Cake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...