5.21.2009

A Tip on Skin Care

My whole life has been full of bumps.

Mostly on my arms. And upper thighs.

Every since I was old enough to notice I could not figure out how come all my friend's legs are as smooth as sour cream and mine are more like...uh.....let's just say that when Brent does woodworking, my arms and legs have come in mighty handy when he runs out of sandpaper.

Well, guess what an advanced education does, folks? Thanks to my dermatology rotation, I learned the official name of the "chicken skin" disorder I have had all my life. It is called Keratosis Pilaris.

For the past several months, I have been slathering with a lotion that really helps:

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion


Daily use of the lotion plus gentle scrubbing (exfoliating) in the shower has made an improvement in smoothing and softening the bumps. More aggressive treatment includes Triamcinolone (steroid) cream and/or a Retinoid. It is a chronic condition, difficult to CURE, but can be improved with consistent care.

This lotion is good stuff. Recommended by the dermatologists I worked with. And not just for Keratosis Pilaris, but for any rough, dry skin. Give it a try and let me know what you think....

2 comments:

LoriPhdinme said...

Mrs. Fish has chicken skin. Don't ever get a condition called beef tongue or we will have to question the gene pool of your kin

Ms. Fish said...

Ms. Fish has chicken skin, buzzard breath, lizard lips and pigeon toes... an evolutionary disaster.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...