TEN reasons why I love being a mom
10. get to breathe in the fresh smell of TIDE at least three times a week
9. have gotten so fast at stringing my kid's names together (seanjanessastocktonlandon) I could be hired as an auctioneer
8. have enviable skillz for my resume: 1) expert indoor voiding coach, 2) whiz at handling all kinds of bodily fluids, 3) authority on creative nagging
7. never need to worry about my soda-stained, crumb-infested, soccer-smelling
6. don't have to actually throw a frozen burrito at the car in anger. can get my kids to think I did based on my reputation alone (inside joke...i'm crackin' myself up!)
5. get to be all haughty when icons screw up: "what do you mean the tooth-fairy forgot? AGAIN. What kind of irresponsible pixie does that?"
4. get to re-live all kinds of 'firsts' (first piano recital, first time driving, first kiss)
3. a) have become good at change (easy...there is never any in my wallet)
b) have become good at change (I changed their diapers. they changed me)
2. the love for my own mother has increased ten-fold
and the number one reason why I love being a mom....
....get to give and receive love.
I love love.
and I love being a mom.
great essay about Motherhood here