12.18.2008

Thoughtful Thursday - The Gift of Friendship

Tuesday 12/16/08 was my last day at work as the Breast Cancer Coordinator for Dixie Regional Medical Center. (Can you hear my tears?) I have been at that position for 3 1/2 years and loved every minute of it. I left to have time to finish up my master's degree. In the immortal words of Shakespeare: Parting is such sweet sorrow.

The Ladies Down the Hall (my fabulous co-workers) threw a little parting shindig which consisted of incredible culinary delights and infectious laughter. Each also wrote one or several limericks or poems and read them to me. The food we shared won't last (although the memory of its taste and texture still lingers in my conscience), but the poetic words penned out of love and kindness will last forever. Thank you, thank you to my dear friends for all of it, yea even the omnipresent reminder (that just won't die) about my wandering finger! A story for another day...a day that's really far away!






Note: Somehow I missed taking a picture of Mary. So sorry, Mary. I'll catch you sometime. Don't worry.


Menu:
Green salad with Raspberry Dressing (jodie)
Lasagna (mary)
Chicken Enchiladas (lori)
Coconut Lemongrass Rice Soup (deb)
Homemade Artisan breads: Rosemary and Cinnamon Swirl (deb)
German Chocolate Cheesecake (gail)
Heavenly Butterscotch Bars (karen)
Danish Cookies
(judy)

1 comment:

LGH said...

Jenni, in honor of your job ending, we want to take you to lunch. In 3 and 1/2 years, we never did it, so now it's time to do LUNCH! When are you coming to town, and we'll meet at the place of your choice for some great food! What wonderful co-workers to give you such a send-off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...