Ms. Fish and the Fruit Basket Confession
I have been thinking (and singing with glee...) about some of the wonderfully nice comments made on this blog. (I've also been singing with glee because I used the word GLEE. I mean, when is the last time you saw that word used?)
This positive feedback helped to me to realize two things:
1) You people are really suffering from some sort of chocolate deficiency
2) It's time to tell you a few things about myself.
Because I don't deserve to be put on anybody's pedestal, or even the bottom tier of a triple-tier dessert plate. So for those who think I accomplish a lot, you may want to re-think it after hearing this:
1) I haven't kept in touch with my best friend from high school
2) I don't grind my own wheat
3) Phone books are almost the only thing I recycle
4) I don't compost and I don't stew tomatoes
5) My house is not very decorated
6) I hardly ever floss
7) I often choose homework over cleaning
I do however get my annual mammogram and you should too!
So, there you have it. A non-inclusive list of my inadequacies. Actually, I have so many shortcomings, I could star in a movie called Pygmy People. But isn't it wonderful that we have all been given a slice of something or other in the talent fruit basket? We all have something delicious to contribute! (Now don't go on and think what I think you're thinkin'...that some of us are more fruity than others! Just leave that kind of thinkin' to fruit analysts such as Rush Limbaugh)
Thanks again for your love and support. I hope that we continue to be friends even though you now know my dirty secrets.
Photo credit: ccharmon @ flickr